Dr. Evonne Baldauff, chair of the Department of Chemistry and Forensic Science and associate professor of chemistry, and Dr. Heidi Fletcher, assistant professor of Chemistry at the University, will lead a team of six students to serve in Wynne, Arkansas during the students’ break. The students will serve Monday, Jan. 4, through Saturday, Jan. 9.
While serving, the students will volunteer at a public school and educate elementary students on the fundamentals of science.
Students participating in the trip include:
- Damara Deal, senior biology/pre-med major from New Castle (Shenango High School)
- Alex Freiberger, freshman forensic science major from McDonald (Fort Cherry High School)
- Trevor Hawkins, freshman marine biology major from Annapolis, Maryland (Broadneck Senior High School)
- Natalie Johnston, freshman forensic science major from Greensburg (Hempfield Area Senior High School)
- Cara Paraska, sophomore forensic science major from Canonsburg (Canon McMillan School District)
- Amy Smith, junior biology and secondary education major from Fairlawn, Ohio (Copley High School)
# # #
Ashley Wise, Assistant Director of University Relations
724.852.7675 or firstname.lastname@example.org