The Waynesburg University Players will present “Frankenstein,” Wednesday, Nov. 4, through Saturday, Nov. 7, at 7:30 p.m. each evening in the Goodwin Performing Arts Center on the campus of Waynesburg University. Admission is free, and the public is cordially invited to attend.
“Frankenstein,” is adapted by Victor Gialanella from the classic novel by Mary Shelley, and is produced through special arrangement with Dramatists Play Service, Inc. Set in 19th century Switzerland, the story revolves around the experiments of Dr. Victor Frankenstein as he tries to comprehend the secrets of life and death.
Frankenstein has a desire to make a life that is good and beautiful, but in his attempt to be Creator, his “invention” brings about death and destruction.
“I felt that our actors, as well as our technical crew, would have an enjoyable and challenging time putting the show together,” said Edward Powers, director of the theater program and professor of theater at Waynesburg University. “Technically, we are going to be trying some things we haven't done in quite a while. The actors are being challenged with some very demanding roles.”
Reservations are suggested. Due to some intense scenes, this show is not recommended for young children. For more information or to make a reservation, visit http://waynesburg.ticketleap.com/frankenstein/ or contact Powers at 724-852-3226 or email@example.com.
The cast and crew include:
- Victor: Michael Merten, junior history major from Columbia, N.J. (North Warren Regional High School)
- Alphonse: Theodore Clayton, freshman chemistry major from Greensburg (Greensburg-Salem High School)
- Henry: Shawn White, sophomore English (creative writing) major from Amity (Trinity High School)
- Herr Mueller: Steven Caumo, freshman English (creative writing) major from Meadow Lands (Chartiers-Houston High School)
- Metz: Ronald Loebker, sophomore engineering mathematics major from Ripley, Ohio (Home School Clearing House)
- Schmidt: Nicholas Merrill, sophomore communication (electronic media) major from Zelienople (Portersville Christian School)
- The Creature: Dawson Laabs, senior computer security and forensics major from Washington (Washington High School)
- Frau Mueller: Brittany Stowe, senior arts administration major from Millville, N.J. (Millville Senior High School)
- Elizabeth: Emily Haywood, senior criminal justice major from Claysville (McGuffey Area High School)
- Justine: Sara Lesher, sophomore criminal justice major from Masontown (Albert Gallatin Area Senior High School)
- Delacey: Emily Mielcarek, junior international cultures major from Orchard Park, N.Y. (Orchard Park High School)
- Gretchen: Bryn Lahew
- Maid: Jaime Stanny, freshman with an undecided major from Imperial (West Allegheny Senior High School)
- Maid: Tessa Masula, freshman English secondary education major from Grand Rapids, Mich. (Wellspring Preparatory High School)
- Coachman: Matthew Desrosiers, freshman criminal justice major from Waynesburg (Waynesburg Central High School)
- Constable: Matthew Colaluca, sophomore forensic science major from Monaca (Central Valley High School)
- Director: Edward Powers
- Assistant Directors: Haleigh McKee, sophomore computer security and forensics major from Mansfield (Mansfield Junior-Senior High School) and Stephen Patula, freshman music ministry major from Hazard, Ky. (Hazard High School)
- Stage Managers: Megan Cook, freshman digital design major from McKees Rocks (Montour High School) and Michelle Frye, sophomore advertising major from Carmichaels (Carmichaels Area High School)
- Assistant Stage Managers: Elisabeth Gray, sophomore art major from Morgantown, W.Va. (Morgantown High School) and Joanna Peters, freshman marine biology from Frederick, Md. (Covenant Community School)
- Running Crew: Jenna Gearhart, freshman forensic science major from Bel Air, Md. (Bel Air High School) and Jacob Restanio, sophomore engineering mathematics major from Houston (Chartiers-Houston High School)
# # #
Ashley Wise, Assistant Director of University Relations
724.852.7675 or firstname.lastname@example.org