Waynesburg University will celebrate Homecoming Friday, Oct. 10, through Saturday, Oct. 11. Throughout the weekend, a number of activities will be held for students, alumni and members of the community.
“Homecoming is a very special event for our alumni,” said Waynesburg University President Douglas G. Lee. “I look forward to greeting Waynesburg graduates and sharing with them all of the exciting things happening on our campus.”
The weekend will offer a variety of scheduled activities, including athletic events, a 5K walk/run, class reunions and more. The Yellow Jacket football team will take on Case Western Reserve University at 1:30 p.m. at John F. Wiley Stadium Saturday, Oct. 11.
Registration for Homecoming 2014 is encouraged. For more information or to register, visit www.waynesburgunited.com/homecoming14 or call 724-852-3256.
The Homecoming Weekend schedule is as follows:
Friday, Oct. 10
- 1 p.m. – Golf at Rohanna’s Golf Course (reservation required)
- 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. – Reception at the President’s house (reservation required)
- 6 p.m. – Recent Graduates are invited to join current students in Johnson Commons for a picnic, followed by a pep rally and Waynesburg Idol Finale on our outdoor stage.
- 7 p.m. – All Alumni Celebration at The Lodge at Rohanna’s (reservation required)
Saturday, Oct. 11
- 7:30 a.m. – 5K Run/Walk registration (Johnson Commons). Please pre-register online at myconnect.waynesburg.edu or by calling 724-852-3206.
- 8:30 a.m. – 5K Run/Walk shotgun start (Johnson Commons)
- 9 a.m. to noon – The Paul R. Stewart Museum will be open
- 9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. – The Campus Bookstore will be open
- 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. – All alumni who check in at Orange Alumni Tent (Johnson Commons) will receive two complimentary game tickets. Alumni can also check in at the front and back gates of John F. Wiley Stadium from 12:45 p.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- 10 a.m., noon and 2 p.m. - Volleyball Trimatch vs. Saint Vincent and Pitt Greensburg (Rudy Marisa Fieldhouse)
- 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. – JacketFest (Johnson Commons), a family-friendly event featuring booths, activities and giveaways from a number of student clubs and organizations
- 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. – Come-and-Go Brunch (Benedum Dining Hall)
- 1:30 p.m. – Football Game (John F. Wiley Stadium)
- Halftime – Alumni Tent (John F. Wiley Stadium back gate)
- 2:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. – Hospitality Room (Stover Campus Center)
- 3:30 p.m. – Women’s Tennis vs. Alderson-Broaddus College (Waynesburg University Tennis Courts)
- Postgame – 5th Quarter Steak Cookout (John F. Wiley Stadium - reservation required)
# # #
Ashley Wise, Senior Writer/Editor
724.852.7675 or email@example.com