University students to serve with The Pittsburgh Project
Twenty-one Waynesburg University students will travel to Pittsburgh, Pa., on Saturday, Oct. 5, to assist with ongoing home repairs managed by The Pittsburgh Project.
The team is comprised of students from both a service learning class led by Dave Calvario, dean of students and director of the center for service leadership, and an urban history course led by Ezekial Olagoke, assistant professor of sociology. Students will assist with working on homes for the elderly or individuals on a fixed income who are not able to perform general upkeep on their property.
The Pittsburgh Project is a Christian Community Development Organization dedicated to developing and strengthening servant leaders while also upholding the dignity of vulnerable homeowners.
“Through The Pittsburgh Project, homeowners served are able to remain in their homes and feel good about the condition of where they are living,” Calvario said.
Students attending the trip are listed as follows:
• Emily Bosworth, a senior sociology major from Waynesburg, Pa.
• Rachel Brown, a sophomore social science major from Pittsburgh, Pa.
• Jackie Collius, a senior history major from Penndel, Pa.
• Devin Coughlin, a junior international studies major from Belvidere, NJ
• Alex Crow, a senior sociology major from Carlisle, Pa.
• McKee Dixon, a senior accounting major from Moon Township, Pa.
• Cassy Dowler, a senior biblical ministry studies major from Latrobe, Pa.
• Andrya Durr, a sophomore pre-medical major from Greensboro, Pa.
• Samantha Ervin, a senior criminal justice administration major from Irwin, Pa.
• Tiffany Franck, a senior sociology major from Ephrata, Pa.
• Cody Hillberry, a junior sociology major from Sycamore, Pa.
• Dave Houseman, a senior criminal justice administration major from Jacobs Creek, Pa.
• Briana Hozak, a senior sociology major from Home, Pa.
• Mary Krepp, a junior sociology major from Pittsburgh, Pa.
• Brendan Omicioli, a senior biblical ministry studies major from Gowanda, NY
• Brittany Orndoff, a junior sociology major from Waynesburg, Pa.
• Austin Orth, a sophomore computer science major from Meyersdale, Pa.
• Madison Perretta, a sophomore sociology major from Beaver Falls, Pa.
• Rachel Red-Horse, a sophomore early childhood education major from Sacramento, Calif.
• Gracious Shavers, a junior education major from Ginowan City, Japan
• Alex Tenenbaum, a junior information technology major from Pittsburgh, Pa.
Contact: Ashley Wise, Communication Specialist
724.852.7675 or firstname.lastname@example.org