Six Waynesburg University students successfully auditioned and participated in the recent 2016 Pennsylvania Collegiate Choir held at Susquehanna University.
Dr. A. Jan Taylor, director of choirs and music education at Prairie View A&M University, led the choir of 95 singers. A total of nine Pennsylvania colleges and universities were represented at the festival.
This was the first year that Waynesburg University music students were represented at the festival, according to Melanie Catana, director of choral music and instructor of vocal music at the University.
Students who participated include:
- Susan Dunsworth, freshman entrepreneurship major from Erie (Northwest Pennsylvania Collegiate Academy)
- Briana Ryan, sophomore music ministry major from Monongahela (Pennsylvania Cyber Charter School)
- Rachel Philipp, junior arts administration (music concentration) major from McMurray (Pennsylvania Virtual Charter School)
- Kayla Goncalves, junior music ministry major from Boca Raton, Florida (Olympic Heights Community High School)
- Thomas Faye, freshman music ministry major from Pittsburgh (Penn Hills High School)
- Philip Hurd, recent music ministry alumnus from Elizabeth
Founded in 1849 by the Cumberland Presbyterian Church, Waynesburg University is located on a traditional campus in the hills of southwestern Pennsylvania, with three additional sites located in the Pittsburgh region. The University is a member of the Council for Christian Colleges and Universities (CCCU) and is one of only 21 Bonner Scholar schools in the country, offering local, regional and international opportunities to touch the lives of others through service.
# # #
Ashley Wise, Associate Director of University Relations
724-852-7675 or email@example.com