Waynesburg University will welcome alumni, staff, faculty and students alike to its annual Homecoming celebration Friday, Oct. 2 and Saturday, Oct. 3. The weekend will encompass a variety of events that invite participation from both alumni and current students.
“We want our alumni to feel special from the moment they step on campus to the last event,” said Mary Fox, event planner for the University. “For over 160 years, our alumni have been crucial to the growth of Waynesburg University. This weekend is just one of the ways we honor them."
During the two-day celebration, alumni will be invited to participate in athletic events, a reception with President and Mrs. Douglas G. Lee, a 5K run and walk, campus tours and more. Alumni will also have the opportunity to reconnect with nine academic and affinity groups, the largest number of groups present at Homecoming to date, in addition to 11 class reunions.
Current students, along with staff and faculty, will also join the celebration at athletic events and Jacketfest, where any student club or organization can host a booth.
“There are more ways than ever before for students to get involved,” said Fox. “Our alumni so often express how much they enjoy meeting current students while they are on campus.”
The University encourages alumni to reconnect with friends and network with fellow Waynesburg alumni as the campus celebrates Homecoming 2015.
Registration for Homecoming 2015 events is suggested. For a complete schedule of events or to register, visit www.waynesburgunited.com/homecoming15.
The Homecoming 2015 Weekend schedule:
Friday, Oct. 2
- 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. – President’s Reception at President and Mrs. Lee’s home (reservations required)
- 3:30 p.m. – Women’s Tennis Match vs. St. Vincent College
- 7 p.m. – All Alumni Celebration at The Perfect Round, where alumni will celebrate reunion years (reservations suggested)
Saturday, Oct. 3
- 8:30 a.m. – Waynesburg University Homecoming 5k Run and Walk. Registration begins at 7:30 a.m. in the Goodwin Performing Arts Center.
- 10:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. – All Alumni Check In at Johnson Commons or John F. Wiley Stadium
- 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. – Academic and Affinity Groups beginning in Johnson Commons. Alumni may tour their old departments and classrooms with their classmates.
- 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. – Jacketfest in Johnson Commons. Bring your family and explore the unique offerings of Waynesburg University clubs and organizations.
- 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. – Come-and-go Brunch in Benedum Dining Hall
- 10:45 a.m. – Men’s Tennis Match vs. Fairmont State University
- 11 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. – Class of 1965 Brunch with President and Mrs. Lee at their home (reservations required)
- 1:30 p.m. – Football Game: Waynesburg University Yellow Jackets vs. Grove City College Wolverines at John F. Wiley Stadium
- Halftime – Alumni Tent at the Back Gate
- Post-Game – 5th Quarter Steak Cookout at the back gate of the John F. Wily Stadium (reservations required)
# # #
Ashley Wise, Assistant Director of University Relations
724.852.7675 or firstname.lastname@example.org