Waynesburg University held its annual commencement exercises honoring approximately 600 undergraduate, graduate and doctoral students Sunday, May 18. Laura E. Ellsworth, a partner at Jones Day and vice chair of the board of the Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education, delivered the commencement address.
Corin Rae Schipani, a digital design major from Duquesne, Pa, was named one of five valedictorians of her class. She is the daughter of Ronald and Donna Schipani, who reside in Duquesne, Pa.
“Having four years of my perseverance, work ethic and involvement recognized is truly a blessing,” she said. “I give glory to God for my accomplishments during my time at Waynesburg University."
As a student, Schipani served as the graphic design editor for the Yellow Jacket newspaper, graphic design editor for the Muse & Stone literary magazine, student designer in the offices of University Relations and Student Services, design intern for Pittsburgh Quarterly and graphic designer and operator for Waynesburg University Sports Network.
She was a member of the University’s chapter of Lambda Pi Eta, a national communication honorary society, and the Waynesburg University American Institute of Graphic Arts (AIGA) student group.
Schipani was a recipient of the University’s A.B. Miller Scholarship, Communication Department Scholarship and Margaret Bell Miller Scholarship.
She plans to work as a graphic designer for a publication.
The 2014 Valedictorians include:
- Kaitlyn Grace Berkebile, an early childhood education major from Friedens, Pa.
- Alyssa Brooke Crile, an early childhood education major from Washington, Pa.
- Daniel Vincent Czajkowski, a criminal justice administration major from Frederick, Md.
- Corin Rae Schipani, a digital design major from Duquesne, Pa.
- Hannah Michelle Szymanik, an early childhood education major from Mount Holly Springs, Pa.
# # #
Contact: Ashley Wise, Senior Writer/Editor
724.852.7675 or firstname.lastname@example.org