Directions, Maps, Parking
Guest Arrival Times
- The Baccalaureate service begins at 11:00 a.m. Graduates are to arrive for line-up by 10:00 a.m. Doors to the Chapel will open for guest seating at 10:30 a.m. Please plan to arrive early, as parking on campus is limited. (See parking info above).
- The Graduate luncheon begins at 11:45 a.m. in Benedum Dining Hall. Tickets are required.
- The Commencement service begins at 2:00 p.m. All guests should be seated before this time. Graduates are to arrive no later than 1:00 p.m. for procession line-up. Please plan to arrive early as parking on campus is limited. (See parking info above). Seating on the lawn will be available beginning at 12:30 p.m. Should the ceremony be held indoors due to inclement weather, doors to the various viewing sites will be open beginning at 12:30 p.m.
Graduate's Luncheon: Tickets are Required
Inclement Weather: Tickets are Required
Tickets are not required to attend Commencement services held on Miller Hall lawn. This is always the first choice location for the services. Services will only be moved indoors should the conditions require. This decision will be made the day of services based on weather and ground conditions.
In case of inclement weather, Commencement will be held in the Marisa Fieldhouse. Because of the size of the graduating class and the limited space, tickets will be issued for admittance. Each graduate is allotted two (2) guest tickets for the Fieldhouse. Tickets will be included with your cap and gown package available at the bookstore. NO additional tickets will be available. (See "Inclement weather" above.)
Photos, Gifts & Flowers
- Please remember Graduates are not permitted to carry or wear flowers or other gifts during the ceremonies.
- No balloons are allowed in Marisa Fieldhouse.
- The Waynesburg University Bookstore will be open on Sunday, May 19, 2013, from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and contains many University logo items as well as diploma frames. Feel free to stop in and browse our selection of gift and memorabilia items.
- A Professional photographer will be taking pictures as graduates shake hands with the President. These images will be available for purchase through Grad Images, the independent vendor contracted for this service. Proofs will be mailed to the graduate by Grad Images. All questions regarding this service should be directed to Grad Images.
Special Needs Participants
- An interpreter for the deaf will sign all services.
- Ushers will direct guests to the areas reserved for wheelchairs and the sign language interpreter.
- Security officers will direct guests to the special handicapped visitor parking areas.
- Handicapped Accessible restroom facilities are located in Hanna and Miller Halls, the foyer of Denny, the Gymnasium, Benedum Dining Hall, Goodwin Performing Arts Center, Roberts Chapel, and Stover Campus Center.
- For graduates with special needs, please see the Student Information section.
Live Feed - Streaming Online Viewing
- Family members and friends who are unable to attend the Commencement ceremony may view the ceremony live over the Internet. Coverage will begin at 11:00 a.m. on Sunday, May 19, 2013.
- Please visit www.waynesburg.edu and click the 'Commencement Live Video link' the day of Commencement (the button will be located in place of the 'Commencement Information' button).