Western Pennsylvania Education Consortium
WPEC Consortium Wiki
THE WESTERN PENNSYLVANIA EDUCATION CONSORTIUM
IN PARTNERSHIP WITH WAYNESBURG UNIVERSITY
“Courage - Perseverance– Service- Integrity”
The purpose of a partnership between Waynesburg University and the K-12 schools in Western Pennsylvania is to provide professionals in the field of education:
- A forum for collegial collaboration and exchange of ideas and new research.
- Workshops that develop Teacher Leaders with partner schools to solve common problems that we face in education today.
- Build internal capacity in schools.
- A venue to collaborate and consult with educational leaders of distinction in order to meet school specific goals and meet the goals described under The Pennsylvania Code.
THE PENNSYLVANIA CODE TITLE 22 EDUCATION ACADEMIC STANDARDS AND PLANNING§ 4.11. Purpose of public education.
(b) Public education prepares students for adult life by attending to their intellectual and developmental needs and challenging them to achieve at their highest level possible. In conjunction with families and other community institutions, public education prepares students to become self-directed, life-long learners and responsible, involved citizens.
(c) Together with parents, families and community institutions, public education provides opportunities for students to:
(1) Acquire knowledge and skills.
(2) Develop integrity.
(3) Process information.
(4) Think critically.
(5) Work independently.
(6) Collaborate with others.
(7) Adapt to change.
• A forum for collegial collaboration and exchange of ideas and new research.
• Regularly scheduled workshops throughout the school year.
• Determination of Focus for school improvement.
• Scheduled use of Waynesburg facility (daytime) at no charge.
• Workshops to develop Teacher Leaders facilitated by a cadre of recently retired practitioners, educational leaders of distinction, who will provide recent research on a variety of current issues and topics.
• Inexpensive training for partner schools, $500 per ½ day sessions. Costs will be shared with other partner districts.
• Field experiences for graduate students. Placement of student teachers from our M.A.T. program.
• Opportunities for your teachers enrolled in our graduate programs to conduct action research and implement best practices in their classrooms.
• Graduate Education Programs for teachers.
Special Education Certification Program
Masters of Education in Special Education
Master in Education Instructional Technology
Master in Education Instructional Technology Specialist Certification
What qualifies a school as a partner with Waynesburg University?
• Waynesburg University access to teachers for program presentation.
• Any school district personnel enrolled in a Waynesburg University Graduate Program,or,
• Use of Waynesburg University for Professional Development or Consulting.