Cost for the day is $20 and includes lunch, a patch, a T-shirt, and instruction. A space will not be held for scouts until payment is made. All spaces are first come, first served. Walk-in registrants will be accepted as space allows, but patches are not guaranteed. Registration is limited to 55 scouts.
The merit badges being offered at the Spring event are: Citizenship in the Nation and Citizenship in the World.
- Prerequisites for the Citizenship in the Nation class are as follows: Watch the national evening news five days in a row OR read the front page of a major daily newspaper five days in a row. Discuss the national issues you learned about with your counselor. Choose one of the issues and explain how it affects you and your family.
- There are no prerequisites for Citizenship in the World.
You will be informed which badge you were placed in within one week of registration. Scouts are not guaranteed a spot in their first preference, as the badges are filled on a first come, first served basis. Scouts should read the merit badge pamphlet for their badge prior to arrival at MBU.
Please remember to complete all prerequisite requirements prior to arriving on campus. You must bring evidence of completion of the prerequisite requirements or documentation from a unit leader that the prerequisite requirements have been completed to his or her satisfaction. If you do not have evidence or documentation of completion, you will leave with an incomplete blue card.
Remaining balance? Click the link above to submit a payment.
No refunds will be processed after February 14, 2020.
What to Wear and Bring
Scouts should wear their Class A/Field Uniform to MBU.
All scouts must bring a blue card with all their personal information completed and the merit badge indicated. The blue card must be signed by their unit leader. Scouts should also bring a tablet and pencil or pen, a water bottle, and evidence of completed prerequisites, if applicable. In addition, all scouts should bring rain gear and dress for the weather.
Check In & Check Out
Check in for Merit Badge University is from 8:30 a.m. to 9 a.m. at the Goodwin Performing Arts Center (Number 12 on the campus map). City parking on the street will be available. Check out will take place at 2:30 p.m. in the same location as check in (see below for check out procedures).
Scouts will only be released to individuals identified on their registration form. Individuals picking up scouts should bring photo identification. Those identified must come into the gym to retrieve scouts. No scouts will be sent outside to waiting cars. If the person to whom the scout may be released changes, that person must be identified no later than check in by the person who registered the scout or by the person dropping the scout off at the time of registration for Waynesburg University Merit Badge University.
- 8:30 a.m. to 9 a.m. - Check in & welcome at the Goodwin Performing Arts Center
- 9 a.m. - Dismissal to Badge Classes
- 9 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. - Merit Badge University Sessions
- 11:30 a.m. to Noon – Lunch
- Noon to 2:30 p.m. - Merit Badge University Sessions
- 2:30 p.m. – Checkout at the Goodwin Performing Arts Center
PARENTS: Please be prompt in arriving for check in and check out.
Do you have questions about Merit Badge University? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Alexa Baily at 724-852-7727 for more information.