Cost for the day is $20 and includes lunch, a patch, a T-shirt, and instruction. A space will not be held for scouts until payment is made. All spaces are first come, first served. Walk-in registrants will be accepted as space allows, but patches are not guaranteed. Registration is limited to 300 scouts.
The merit badges being offered at this year's event are: American Heritage, Aviation, Bird Study, Chemistry, Citizenship in the Nation, Citizenship in the World, Crime Prevention and Fingerprinting, Cycling, Disability Awareness, Emergency Preparedness, Family Life, Graphic Arts, Indian Lore, Movie Making, Personal Fitness, Photography, and more!
At this year’s Merit Badge University, adults who wish to participate have several options available:
- Option 1: Adults can participate in merit badge sessions with scouts. Adults who participate in class should be in Class A/Field Uniform and must present evidence of their BSA registration and current Youth Protection training.
- Option 2: Scout Leaders can participate in BSA LEADER TRAINING, as designated by the Laurel Highlands Council. Those who participate in this training should be in Class A/Field Uniform and must present evidence of their BSA registration and current Youth Protection training.
The cost for either option is $20 per participant, which includes lunch, a patch, a t-shirt, and instruction.
Adult registration is not required. Those who do not wish to participate in either of the above options, but plan to stay on campus will be invited to participate in a morning campus tour and information session with Waynesburg University’s Admissions staff. There is no cost to participate in this session, but early registration is requested. Click here to register for the information session and tour. Lunch is not included, but can be purchased at the University dining hall on the day of Merit Badge University.
You will be informed which badge you were placed in within one week of registration. Scouts are not guaranteed a spot in their first preference, as the badges are filled on a first come, first served basis. Scouts should read the merit badge pamphlet for their badge prior to arrival at MBU.
Please remember to complete all prerequisite requirements prior to arriving on campus. You must bring evidence of completion of the prerequisite requirements or documentation from a unit leader that the prerequisite requirements have been completed to his or her satisfaction. If you do not have evidence or documentation of completion, you will leave with an incomplete blue card.
Remaining balance? Click the link above to submit a payment.
No refunds will be processed after October 1.
What to Wear and Bring
Scouts should wear their Class A/Field Uniform to MBU.
All scouts must bring a blue card with all their personal information completed and the merit badge indicated. The blue card must be signed by their unit leader. Scouts should also bring a tablet and pencil or pen, a water bottle, and evidence of completed prerequisites, if applicable. In addition, all scouts should bring rain gear and dress for the weather.
Registered Adult Participants should be in Class A/Field Uniform and must present evidence of their BSA registration and current Youth Protection Training.
Check In & Check Out
Check in for Merit Badge University is from 8 a.m.-8:30 a.m. at the Marisa Fieldhouse/Gymnasium (Number 14 on the campus map). Please park in the parking lots marked "PP" or "VP" on the campus map. City parking on the street may also be available. Check out will take place at 3 p.m. in the same location as check in (see below for check out procedures).
Scouts will only be released to individuals identified on their registration form. Individuals picking up scouts should bring photo identification. Those identified must come into the gym to retrieve scouts. No scouts will be sent outside to waiting cars. If the person to whom the scout may be released changes, that person must be identified no later than check in by the person who registered the scout or by the person dropping the scout off at the time of registration for Waynesburg University Merit Badge University.
- 8 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. - Registration at the Marisa Fieldhouse/Gymnasium
- 8:30 a.m. to 8:45 a.m. - Opening Ceremony
- 8:45 a.m. to 9 a.m. - Dismissal to Badge Classes
- 9 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. OR noon (depending on class designation) - Merit Badge University Sessions
- 11:30 a.m. to Noon - Lunch GROUP 1
- Noon to 12:30 pm. – Lunch GROUP 2
- Noon OR 12:30 p.m. to 3 p.m. - Merit Badge University Sessions
- 3 p.m. – Checkout at the Marisa Fieldhouse/Gymnasium
PARENTS: Please be prompt in arriving for check in and check out.
Scout Leaders - BSA Leaders Training
Schedule to be determined by Laurel Highlands Council. Session will run consecutively with student sessions.
Optional Tour and Parent Session
- 10 a.m. - Parent Information Session
- 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. - Campus tour available for guests (ends at Dining Hall)
Do you have questions about Merit Badge University? Email email@example.com or call Sarah Bell at 724-852-7790 for more information.