Welcome to the Writing Center!
The Writing Center is looking for peer tutors to begin work in Fall 2021. If interested, contact Jill Sunday at email@example.com. Application requirements:
- a 3.4 or higher GPA,
- two writing samples (one academic, one the applicant's choice),
- a written recommendation from a faculty member who is familiar with the applicant's writing skills, work ethic, and communication skills, and an interview with the director and Writing Center staff.
Interviews will take place throughout the month of April.
At the Writing Center, we have a mission…
At the Writing Center, we believe…
At the Writing Center, we talk about…
Banned Books Week
Visit the virtual library to learn more about attempts to censor words and authors.
Writing Center Celebrations!
Developmental Disabilities Awareness Month
Ethnic Equality Month
Gender Equality Month
National Women’s History Month
- March 8: International Women’s Day
- March 11: Maha Shivarati (Hindu)
- March 14: Pi Day
- March 17: St. Patrick’s Day
- March 19: Naw-Ruz (Baha’I New Year)
- March 25: International Day of
- Remembrance of the Victims of Slavery and the Transatlantic Slave Trade
- March 27: Passover begins (Jewish)
- March 28: Holi (Hindu)
- March 28: Palm Sunday (Christian)
- March 31: Equal Pay Day
- March 31: International Transgender Day of Visibility
Arab-American Heritage Month
Autism Awareness Month
Celebrate Diversity Month
National Poetry Month
April 2: World Autism Awareness Day
April 2: Good Friday (Christian)
April 4: Easter (Christian)
April 8: Holocaust and Heroism Remembrance Day
April 12: Ramadan begins (Muslim)
April 20: Start of Rivdan (Baha’i)
April 22: Earth Day
April 23: National Day of Silence (LGBTIQA+)
left me with very thoughtful comments that helped enhance my paper's readability and professional appeal. I cannot recommend anything to do better, because my session was exactly what I needed it to be.
provided great ideas of things to change, while also encouraging the hard work that I had already put into it.
helped me get a better understanding of how to write my lab report. She also gave me links that will help me as well.
helped me understand what I was missing out on and what the paper was truly about.
helped me figure out how to write and start my essay. I had no idea where to start, and this helped me out so much.