Waynesburg University educates students to make connections between faith, learning and serving so they might faithfully transform their communities and the world. As a Christian comprehensive University, we strive to inspire and challenge every undergraduate and graduate student to a life of leadership and purpose for the glory of God.
Waynesburg University will be a premier institution of Christian higher education recognized for a commitment to its strong mission and its preparation of 21st century leaders through innovative, student-centered learning experiences.
Waynesburg University educates students based upon:
- A commitment to the pursuit of truth in God’s world through rigorous scholarship, academic excellence and creative expressions, founded in the liberal arts and sciences.
- A commitment to the authority of the Scriptures as the essential reference for faith and life. The Scriptures inform and define our perspectives in service of Christ and His kingdom.
- A commitment to the integration of Christian faith within the various academic disciplines and professional programs for both undergraduate and graduate students.
- A commitment to employ faculty and staff members who embody the values and perspectives of the Christian faith in their teaching, personal lives and relationships with students.
- A commitment to understand and engage others locally and around the world, through the use of our education and talents in service of justice and righteousness.
- A commitment to student-centered education where the interests, aspirations and needs of each student are valued and encouraged.
- A commitment to welcome students from various cultures, backgrounds, educational experiences and ages to enhance diversity and contribute to the learning community.
- A commitment to develop students who will exhibit integrity, both personally and professionally, based upon the Scriptural calling of Jesus Christ for all of life.
Waynesburg University seeks to:
- Prepare students at both the undergraduate and graduate levels with the knowledge, skills and values necessary for the vocations to which they are called by God.
- Cultivate the ability of students to think critically and to apply these skills in lifelong scholarship and ethical decision making.
- Develop students who practice effective communication skills in both the spoken and written word in many different contexts.
- Educate students to apply processes of scientific inquiry and quantitative reasoning skills in examining both information and theoretical models.
- Provide students with opportunities to recognize lifestyles, traditions and rituals of diverse cultures.
- Equip students to examine and employ information resources and technologies with wisdom and faithfulness.
- Nurture students’ use of their creative abilities and their appreciation of aesthetic expressions of others.
- Challenge students to excel in scholarship, research and independent academic inquiry within the broad context of the liberal arts tradition.
- Educate students with depth of knowledge in one of the academic and applied disciplines through instruction and research at either the undergraduate or graduate level.
- Engage students to be servants and citizens in their local communities and to take responsibility for involvement in the world in which they live.
For the Campus Community
- Foster a Christian learning community where students are challenged and encouraged to develop as people through a variety of curricular and co-curricular programs.
- Nurture a campus environment where the spiritual development of students, faculty and staff is affirmed through programs and resources.
- Maintain an environment characterized by fairness and justice as expressed through institutional policies and procedures.
- Make available critical and emerging informational, physical and technology resources necessary to support the education and research of a learning community.
- Provide effective academic support services that will encourage and facilitate individual educational achievement for all students.
- Address the changing educational and cultural needs of the local region through educational degrees, instructional programs, utilization of campus and graduate center resources and strategic partnerships.
- Effectively manage fiscal and human resources to provide affordable opportunities for Christian higher education.
- Exhibit responsible care for the Creation through the institution’s policies and practices.