Waynesburg University continues to be a top value school, ranked among the top ten best deals of both private and public universities in the Northeast.
As attention on higher education is turning toward outcomes and fiscal responsibility, new rankings systems that focus primarily on value and job placement are being developed. Consistently ranked as a top school within these systems, Waynesburg University has emerged as a national leader in educational value.
U.S. News & World Report
Waynesburg University continues to be a Best Value School, ranked among the top ten best deals of both private and public universities in the northern United States by U.S. News & World Report.
Waynesburg University has been named to Money Magazine’s 2020 “Best Colleges For Your Money” list. Waynesburg was one of 70 schools across the state of Pennsylvania to qualify and was fifth among public and private institutions of all sizes in southwestern Pennsylvania.
Waynesburg was ranked a “Best for the Money” in College Factual’s 2021 “Best Colleges Nationwide” ranking. Waynesburg was in the top 5.5% nationwide and was ranked No. 82 out of the 1,472 schools considered. Statewide, Waynesburg is ranked at No. 11 out of the 111 Pennsylvania schools on the list.
Why are they talking about our value?
Our student loan default rate of 4.6% is much lower than the national average of 9.6%.
Tuition, room and board at Waynesburg is approximately $11,000 below the national average for private, non-profit, four-year colleges.
More than 90% of Waynesburg students receive some form of financial aid each year.
Waynesburg University is a "College of Distinction"
Recognition honoring high-impact educational practices and a commitment to engaged, hands-on education.
Waynesburg University has been recognized as a 2021-2022 College of Distinction for its continued commitment to engaged, hands-on education. This marks the sixth consecutive year that Waynesburg has earned the distinction.
The University was also named a Pennsylvania College of Distinction and a Christian College of Distinction, as well as a College of Distinction in Business, Education and Nursing
The designations highlight schools that foster a dynamic learning community through a specialized focus of student-centered education.
How do our programs rank?
Many of our top majors have been recognized for academic excellence and value throughout the region and nationwide.
Best Value Program
Waynesburg University’s Criminal Justice Administration Program was awarded a “Best Value” distinction by College Factual, placing in the top 5% nationwide and ranked No. 1 in the state of Pennsylvania.
Best Online Master's
Waynesburg University’s Master of Arts in Criminal Investigation (MACI) Program was ranked a “Best Online Master’s in Crime Scene Investigation” by Intelligent.com for the second consecutive year.
Top master's program
Waynesburg University’s Addictions Counseling Program was recently recognized as a 2021 Top 50 Master’s Counseling Program for Addiction Counseling by Addiction Counselor, being ranked No. 4 in the country.
Overall Rankings and Recognition
Review all of Waynesburg University's regional and national recognition.
- U.S. News & World Report: “Best Value” - No. 4, Regional Universities North
- College Factual: “Best College for the Money” - No. 82, Nationwide; No. 11, Pennsylvania
- College Factual: “Best Value” for Criminal Justice - Top 5% Nationwide; No. 1, Pennsylvania
- College Factual: “Best Value” for Nursing - Top 5% Nationwide; No. 1, Pennsylvania
- RegisteredNursing.org: “Top Ranked Nursing School” - No. 4, Pennsylvania
- Intelligent.com: “Best Online Master’s in Crime Scene Investigation” - No. 1, Nationwide
- Addiction Counselor: “Top 50 Master’s Counseling Program for Addiction Counseling” - No. 4, Nationwide
- Pennsylvania National Guard Associations: “PNGAS Guard-Friendly School Designation”
- Study.com: “Top Ranked School” for Communications - No. 44, Nationwide
- Study.com: “Top Ranked School” for Forensic Science - No. 5, Nationwide
- Study.com: “Top Ranked School” for Human Services - No. 37, Nationwide
- Study.com: “Top Ranked School” for Math - No. 20, Nationwide
- Study.com: “Top Ranked School” for Law Enforcement - No. 22, Nationwide
- Study.com: “Top Ranked School” for Social Science - No. 22, Nationwide
- RNCareers.org: “Best Ranked Nursing Programs” - No. 10, Pennsylvania; No. 87, Nationwide
- Colleges of Distinction: “Best Colleges” - College of Distinction
- Colleges of Distinction: “Best Colleges” - Pennsylvania College of Distinction
- Colleges of Distinction: “Best Colleges” - Christian College of Distinction
- Colleges of Distinction: “Best Colleges” - Business School of Distinction
- Colleges of Distinction: “Best Colleges” - Education School of Distinction
- Colleges of Distinction: “Best Colleges” - Nursing School of Distinction
- Nursing School Hub: “Top 10 Nursing Schools” in Pennsylvania - No. 10
- Scrubs and Beyond: “Best Colleges for Nursing” - No. 5, Nationwide
- UniversityHQ: “Top 100 Most Affordable Forensic Science Colleges” - No. 51, Nationwide
- Nursing Schools Almanac: "Top U.S. Nursing Schools" - No. 1, Pennsylvania
- CriminalJusticeDegreeHub.com: "Best Online Criminal Justice Programs" - No. 9, Pennsylvania
Archived National Rankings
Strategy for the 21st Century
Steadfast Commitment to Mission, Outcomes and Value
Waynesburg University consistently receives accolades as a University of distinction for its mission, outcomes and value. Those same differentiators often drive students’ decisions about education. With the world of higher education constantly changing, Waynesburg University continues to strategically evolve while remaining focused on these very important factors.