Six students will be serving in Greene County during their fall break this semester. Led by Kelley Hardie, assistant dean of student services, the Greene County Immersion service trip will run from Sunday, Oct. 15, to Saturday, Oct.21.
“The Greene County Immersion is a local service trip exposing students to dozens of local non-profit organizations,” said Hardie. “The goal is for students to volunteer at several different locations with a wide variety of social issues, in hopes that they fall in love with a site and want to return as a regular volunteer.”
This year, students will be participating in locations including Cherry Door thrift store, the Greene County Historical Society, Corner Cupboard Food Bank, Saint Ann’s Good Neighbor Dinner Program, the local Senior Center and Ronald McDonald House.
Students who will be participating in the mission trip include:
- Shelby Haney, sophomore psychology major and counseling minor from Uniontown, Pennsylvania (Laurel Highlands Senior High School)
- Sasha Harkelroad, senior criminal justice major and biology minor from White Plains, Maryland (McDonough High School)
- Sydney Harris, senior art major from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania (Taylor Allderdice High School)
- Wesley Ocker, freshman finance major from Waynesboro, Pennsylvania (Waynesboro High School)
- Alexis Prettiman, senior criminal justice major from Irwin, Pennsylvania (Penn Trafford High School)
- Kayla Sloan, sophomore psychology major from Jefferson, Pennsylvania (Jefferson-Morgan High School)
For more information, contact Kelley Hardie at 724-852-3461.
Founded in 1849 by the Cumberland Presbyterian Church, Waynesburg University is located on a traditional campus in the hills of southwestern Pennsylvania, with three additional sites located in the Pittsburgh region. The University is one of only 21 Bonner Scholar schools in the country, offering local, regional and international opportunities to touch the lives of others through service.
# # #
Ashley Wise, Director of University Relations
724-852-7675 or firstname.lastname@example.org