To be considered for admission into the Certificate in Addictions Counseling, applicants must submit the following:
- Verification of a Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college with a minimum 3.0 GPA. Official transcripts from undergraduate and graduate institutions must be provided.
- A current resume.
- Two letters of recommendation.
- A personal statement.
Applicants whose native language is not English must also submit an official report of TOEFL scores or other proof of competency in English.
Applicants seeking admission into the Addictions Certification may be admitted on a regular or conditional basis. The Graduate Admissions Committee will review the applicant’s educational background and work experience to determine his or her admission status based on the following criteria:
- Quality of the applicant’s academic record and educational background.
- The nature and extent of the applicant’s work experience.
- Involvement in community service activities.