Spring 2023 All-Majors Career Fair
Waynesburg University will host a Career Fair for all majors in the Marisa Fieldhouse Wednesday, Feb. 22.
Whether you are looking for a job or an internship, attending a career fair is a great way to put yourself in front of potential employers and gain experience. Navigating a career fair is a valuable life skill. You will be able to talk with recruiters and get business cards, names and contact information.
- Build your professional network
- Introduce yourself to potential employers and answer employer questions
- Get information and leads that are not available on the employer's website
It may help to:
- Make a list of questions for employers. Ask about how they recruit and hire people.
- Practice a firm handshake and good eye contact. Use a clear voice and provide the employer with concise and relevant information.
Please dress professionally (the Career Closet in the Eberly basement is a great place to get professional clothing for free) and be professional, polite and positive.
Meet qualified and motivated candidates ready to fill open positions. Talk to students and be ready to answer those concrete questions: salary, benefits, learning and development, vacations, flextime, work-life balance, etc.