One hundred seventeen people participated in the MLK Day of Service:
- 61 notes were written for Operation Gratitude
- 24 notes were written for families at the Ronald McDonald House (Morgantown)
- 2 Project Linus blankets were completed and delivered to children at the Ronald McDonald House (Morgantown)
- Used crayons were separated for the “Crayon Institute," which melts down used crayons to make new ones
Waynesburg University led the nine full-time league schools and two affiliate members with 70 student-athletes earning the Presidents' Athletic Conference (PAC) Fall 2019 Academic Honor Roll recognition. A total of 555 student-athletes made the list.
Waynesburg University received a grant totaling $29,977 to combat campus sexual assault. The Wolf Administration (Pennsylvania) awarded more than one million dollars to 36 colleges and universities for campus-wide training and to raise awareness of the reporting process and available resources. Congratulations to Genna Steele, Jena Prokopchuk, James Tanda, & Tom Helmick for their work on securing the grant.
The Waynesburg University chapter of PRSSA received the following awards at the recent PRSA Pittsburgh Renaissance Awards Banquet:
- Chapter of the Year (4th consecutive year)
- Student Campaign Merit Award (Comm 3:1 Campaign)
- Bob O’Gara Scholarship for Outstanding Student - Nicole Tobias