Waynesburg University’s Lamplighters Touring Choir will serve in Nashville, Tennessee, at the beginning of summer break. Melanie Catana, director of choral music, will lead 17 students to serve the city and share the Gospel through sharing music.
Catana said the group will be working with the nonprofit organization, Nashville Rescue Mission, and will provide hands-on labor around the city and also give performances at churches, senior centers and other facilities.
The Lamplighters travel to a different location each year. In the past, the Choir has served in Pittsburgh, Atlantic City, Washington D.C. and New York City, among others. Catana said she is excited for students to use their musical skills to benefit others.
“What’s cool about the Lamplighters trip is that they use skills that they have honed here at the University to serve in a community,” said Catana.
Students attending the trip to Nashville include:
- Mychael Anderson, freshman human services major from Beaver, Pennsylvania (Beaver Area High School)
- Christina Bauer, junior forensic science major from Harrison City, Pennsylvania (Penn-Trafford High School)
- Samantha Brown, freshman forensic science major from El Cajon, California (Richland High School)
- Heidi Dziak, sophomore accounting major from Bentleyville, Pennsylvania (Bentworth Senior High School)
- Thomas Faye, sophomore music ministry major from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania (Penn Hills Senior High School)
- Kayla Goncalves, senior music ministry major from Boca Raton, Florida (Olympic Heights Community High School)
- Matthew Haux, sophomore criminal justice administration major from Grove City, Pennsylvania (Grove City Area High School)
- Connor Hoffman, sophomore Biblical ministry studies and children and youth ministry major from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania (Penn Hills Senior High School)
- Bailey Holt, freshman history secondary education major from Smithfield, Pennsylvania (Albert Gallatin Area Senior High School)
- Camden Hoover, freshman criminal justice administration major from Oakdale, Pennsylvania (South Fayette High School)
- Jonah Phillip, freshman middle level education major from McMurray, Pennsylvania (Peters Township High School)
- Rachel Phillip, senior arts administration major from McMurray, Pennsylvania (Pennsylvania Virtual Charter School)
- Briana Ryan, sophomore music ministry major from Monongahela, Pennsylvania (Pennsylvania Cyber Charter School)
- Veronica Steen, junior biblical ministry studies and children and youth ministry major from Trenton, New Jersey (Bordentown Regional High School)
- Jordan Webb, sophomore arts administration major from Washington, Pennsylvania (Chartiers-Houston High School)
- Gailan Williams, sophomore psychology major from Williamsport, Pennsylvania (Home School)
- Lingen Ngijoi-Yogo, senior mathematics major from Washington, Pennsylvania (Pennsylvania Virtual Charter School)