Waynesburg University will host its annual Homecoming celebration Friday, Oct. 4, and Saturday, Oct. 5. Alumni, staff, faculty and students are invited to join in the weekend events that will commence Friday afternoon.
“Homecoming weekend is the perfect opportunity to reconnect with fellow alumni who you may not get to see but once a year at this event,” said Maura Fenske, coordinator of development and alumni relations. “Our Homecoming game and the events surrounding it represent the spirit of community that is so evident at Waynesburg University, and the weekend also serves as a celebration of all that it means to be a Yellow Jacket.”
Among the weekend festivities are the 23rd Annual Waynesburg University 5K Run and Walk and a 50th Reunion Brunch for the Class of 1969, hosted by President and Mrs. Lee at their residence.
On Saturday, Oct. 5, reunions will be held by the Stover Scholars; Biblical and Ministry Studies, Christian Life and Bonner Scholars; and the Biology, Marine Biology, Environmental Science and Athletic Training Programs. These will occur throughout the morning at various times and will serve as a way to reconnect with past alumni and faculty.
At the 1:30 p.m. Saturday football game, the Alumni Tent will be open during Halftime, and the Family 5th Quarter Steak Cookout will follow the game.
The 8th Annual JacketFest will be held in Johnson Commons from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 5. This is a family friendly event for alumni, students and faculty to connect and have fun. Waynesburg University clubs and organizations will provide food, drinks and activities.
Registration for many of the Homecoming events is either suggested or required by Sept. 27. To register, visit waynesburgunited.com/homecoming19.
Homecoming 2019 Schedule
Friday, October 4
- Noon – Golf at Greene County Country Club (reservations required)
- 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. – President’s Reception at President and Mrs. Lee’s home (reservations required)
- 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. – All Alumni Celebration and Combined Class Reunion at Lone Pine Country Club (reservations required)
Saturday, October 5
- 8:30 a.m. – 23rd Annual Waynesburg University Homecoming 5K Run & Walk (registration is available online at waynesburg.edu/homecoming5k19 or the day of at 7:30 a.m. in the Goodwin Performing Arts Center)
- 10 a.m. – Stover Scholar Alumni Brunch hosted by Dr. Larry Stratton in the Stover Conference Room, Eberly Library room 218 (reservations suggested)
- 10:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. – All Alumni Check-In at Johnson Commons (or John F. Wiley Stadium from 12:30 p.m. to 2 p.m.)
- 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. – JacketFest in Johnson Commons
- 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. – Biblical and Ministry Studies, Christian Life and Bonner Scholar Reunion on the first floor of the Stover Campus Center (refreshments will be provided and reservations are suggested)
- 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. – Biology, Marine Biology, Environmental Science, and Athletic Training Reunion in Stewart Science Hall, room 406 (refreshments will be provided and reservations are suggested)
- 11 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. – Class of 1969 Brunch with President and Mrs. Lee at their home (reservations required)
- 1:30 p.m. – Homecoming Football Game: Waynesburg University Yellow Jackets vs. Thiel College Tomcats at John F. Wiley Stadium
- Halftime - Alumni Celebration at Alumni Tent at Back Gate of Stadium
- Post-Game – Family 5th Quarter Steak Cookout at Back Gate of Stadium (reservations required)