We're proud to be one of only 21 universities in the country to offer the prestigious Bonner Scholarship Program.
With support from the Corella and Bertram F. Bonner Foundation, this unique scholarship opportunity offers selected students financial assistance in return for a commitment to service while enrolled at Waynesburg.
Bonner Scholarship Benefits
As a Bonner Scholar school, we award 15 new Waynesburg University Bonner Scholarships each academic year and maintain a program with 60 students, who each serve average of 10 hours per week.
- Awards $3,000 each year ($1,500 for the Fall semester and $1,500 for the Spring semester) to offset direct educational expenses
- Bonner Scholars receive a $2,500 living stipend while completing two summers of service
- After completing their summer service requirements, Bonner Scholars receive an additional $2,000 per year ($1,000 for the fall semester and $1,000 for the spring semester) to offset direct educational expenses
- In addition to the Bonner Scholarship, students may be eligible to receive additional federal, state and/or institutional aid
Bonner Scholar Requirements
To maintain funding, a Bonner Scholar must:
- Complete 140 hours of unpaid community service, training, and enrichment each semester (about 8-10 hours/week) for a nonprofit organization
- Complete two summers of 280 hours of community service each summer with a nonprofit organization. They may be paid for their summer service hours and work in their hometown.
- Maintain a 2.0 cumulative GPA
- Participate in training and enrichment activities such as meetings, reflections, and retreats
Bonner Scholarship Application Details
To be considered for the Bonner Scholar program, an applicant must:
- Be accepted to Waynesburg University
- Complete the Bonner Scholarship Application and interview process
- Carry a 3.0 cumulative high school GPA
- Place in the top 40% of a graduating high school class
- Qualify financially