Bonner Scholarship Requirements
- Bonner Scholars must complete 140 hours of unpaid community service, training and enrichment each semester (about 8-10 hours/week) for a non-profit organization.
- Bonner Scholars must complete two summers of 280 hours of community service each summer with a nonprofit organization. They may be paid for their summer service hours and work in their hometown.
- Bonner Scholars must maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.0.
- Bonner Scholars must participate in training and enrichment activities such as meetings, reflections and retreats.
About the Bonner Scholarship
- The Bonner Scholarship is a four-year scholarship program.
- Bonner Scholars receive $2,500 each year ($1,250 for the Fall semester and $1,250 for the Spring semester). This money is used to offset direct educational expenses.
- Bonner Scholars receive $1,000 for a living stipend while completing their summer service.
- After completing their summer service requirements, Bonner Scholars receive an additional $1,500 per year ($750 for the fall semester and $750 for the spring semester). This money is used to offset direct educational expenses.
- Upon graduation, Bonner Scholars who have completed all scholarship requirements receive a $2,000 loan reduction. If the student does not have any loans, the money may be used for graduate school.
- In addition to the Bonner Scholarship, students may be eligible to receive additional federal, state and/or institutional aid.
How to apply
Qualified candidates interested in the Bonner Scholarship should apply for admission to Waynesburg University by Nov. 1. Interested students who are accepted to the University will be asked to complete an additional online application, and those whom the committee has identified as potential candidates will be invited to interview for the scholarship. For more information on this process, please contact the Office of Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-225-7393.