Apply Now for Fall 2024/2025
Bonner Scholarship Requirements
- Bonner Scholars must complete 140 hours of unpaid community service, training and enrichment each semester (about 8-10 hours/week) for a non-profit organization.
- Bonner Scholars must complete two summers of 280 hours of community service each summer with a nonprofit organization. They may be paid for their summer service hours and work in their hometown.
- Bonner Scholars must maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.0.
- Bonner Scholars must participate in training and enrichment activities such as meetings, reflections and retreats.
- To qualify and apply:
- Interested students should have a cumulative high school GPA of at least a 3.0
- Graduate in the top two-fifths of their class
- Demonstrate financial need based on Bonner Foundation guidelines
- Provide evidence of a proven commitment to service via their scholarship application, and if selected, their interview
About the Bonner Scholarship
- The Bonner Scholarship is a four-year scholarship program.
- Bonner Scholars receive $3,000 to $5,000 each year. This money is used to offset direct educational expenses.
- Bonner Scholars receive $2,500 for a living stipend while completing their summer service.
- After completing their summer service requirements, Bonner Scholars receive an additional $2,000 per year ($1,000 for the fall semester and $1,000 for the spring semester). This money is used to offset direct educational expenses.
- In addition to the Bonner Scholarship, students may be eligible to receive additional federal, state and/or institutional aid.
How to apply
Qualified candidates interested in the Bonner Scholarship should apply for admission to Waynesburg University by Nov. 1. Interested students who are accepted to the University will be asked to complete an additional online application, and those whom the committee has identified as potential candidates will be invited to interview for the scholarship. For more information on this process, please contact the Office of Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-225-7393.