Ten students well serve at six sites in Greene County during their fall break this semester. Led by Kelly Hardie, assistant dean of student services and director of the Center for Service Leadership, and sophomore nursing major Samantha Hyland, the Greene County Immersion trip will run from Sunday, Oct. 14, through Thursday, Oct. 18.
Students will serve at locations including the Greene County Historical Society, Corner Cupboard Food Bank, Bowlby Library and others.
“They will be exposed to the multiple social issues affecting Greene County, such as food insecurity, homelessness, education and mental health,” said Hardie. “Therefore, they gain a knowledge and awareness of how to assist within these areas.”
For more information, contact Hardie at 724-852-3461.
Founded in 1849 by the Cumberland Presbyterian Church, Waynesburg University is located on a traditional campus in the hills of southwestern Pennsylvania, with three additional sites located in the Pittsburgh region. The University is one of only 22 Bonner Scholar schools in the country, offering local, regional and international opportunities to touch the lives of others through service.
# # #
Ashley Wise, Director of University Relations
724-852-7675 or email@example.com
- Briana Armenia, sophomore sociology major from Odessa, Florida (JW Mitchell High School)
- Rachael Crosbie, senior English major from Washington, Pennsylvania (Trinity Area School District)
- Sophia Hicks, freshman business management major from Annapolis, Maryland (Broadneck Senior High School)
- TJ Hyland, sophomore criminal justice administration major from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania (Plum Senior High School)
- Holly Ludvigsen, sophomore criminal justice administration major from Fremont, Nebraska (Fremont Senior High School)
- Mason Miller, junior finance major from Bethel Park, Pennsylvania (21st Century Cyber Charter School)
- Andrew Montini, senior interdisciplinary studies major from Allison Park, Pennsylvania (Shaler Area High School)
- George O’Brien, freshman forensic accounting major from Chesterfield, Virginia (Manchester High School)
- Hugh O’Neil, junior sports broadcasting/sports information major from Fenelton, Pennsylvania (Butler Area School District)
- Rebekah Rhodes, junior nursing major from Hagerstown, Maryland (North Hagerstown High School)