Fifteen Waynesburg University students will travel to Concord, North Carolina, during Spring Break to work with Habitat for Humanity. Led by Chad Sherman, associate professor of communication, the group will depart Sunday, March 3, and return Saturday, March 9.
Sherman said the students will work during Habitat for Humanity’s “Collegiate Challenge” to build a house from a bare foundation. The students will help frame walls, build the roof and install windows, shingles and siding.
“I love this trip because it introduces a new group of students to the amazing Habitat for Humanity organization,” said Sherman. “The students get to be a crucial helping hand to a family with housing needs.”
- Clay Adam Bauer, sophomore environmental science major from Canonsburg, Pennsylvania (Canon McMillan High School)
- Jazmin Booker, freshman from Monroeville, Pennsylvania (Gateway Senior High School)
- Nicolas Burgess, junior nursing major from Uniontown, Pennsylvania (Uniontown Area Senior High School)
- Allison Eutin, senior psychology major from Stoystown, Pennsylvania (Home School)
- Colin Faber, freshman computer security and forensics major from Strabane, Pennsylvania (Lakeview Christian Academy)
- Rebecca Gerthoffer, junior nursing major from Glenshaw, Pennsylvania (Shaler Area High School)
- Steven Perroz, junior engineering math major from Tarentum, Pennsylvania (Deer Lakes High School)
- Tiffany Santone, sophomore forensic science major from Greensburg, Pennsylvania (Greensburg-Salem High School)
- Kelsey Schmale, junior biology major from Spring City, Pennsylvania (Owen J. Roberts High School)
- Kira Schmale, junior applied business major (energy administration concentration) from Spring City, Pennsylvania (Owen J. Roberts High School)
- Sierra Stevens, junior criminal justice administration major from Tyrone, Pennsylvania (Bellwood-Antis School District)
- Alexis Taylor, junior criminal justice administration major from Bethel Park, Pennsylvania (Bethel Park Senior High School)
- Lauren Wadsworth, junior criminal justice administration major from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania (Shaler Area High School)
- Kyla Wolper, senior electronic media major from Ambler, Pennsylvania (Wissahickon High School)
- Patience Yobp, senior criminal justice administration major from Valencia, Pennsylvania (Mars Area High School)
Faith, Learning and Service Immersion Trips
To learn more about current and future service trips, click on the link below or reach to Kelley Hardie, assistant dean of students, at email@example.com.