The Waynesburg University Players will present their spring musical “We Will Rock You” Wednesday, March 30, through Saturday, April 2, at 7:30 p.m. in the Goodwin Performing Arts Center.
Tickets are $5 for community members and $3 for WU students, faculty and staff. Reservations are encouraged and can be made at waynesburg.ticketleap.com/rock-you.
This year’s musical, “We Will Rock You,” is based on songs by British rock band Queen with a storyline by Ben Elton. The story follows the journey of Bohemian rebels trying to restore thought and rock and roll music in a futuristic world controlled by an internet giant, Globalsoft.
The audience will hear many standards such as “Somebody to Love,” “I Want It All,” “Crazy Little Thing Called Love,” “We are the Champions” and “We Will Rock You.”
“Not only do we want this show to bring in our usual audience, but we hope it will appeal to part of our community who may not [always] attend musical theatre,” said Edward Powers, professor of theatre. “These songs are not just loud hard rock examples. Queen gave us lyrics of depth and these arrangements fit the storyline very well.”
For more information, contact Powers at 724-852-3226 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cast and Crew
- Galileo: Thomas Faye, Waynesburg University 2020 alumnus and MBA graduate student from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Scaramouche: Tess Marlin, junior psychology major from South Park, Pennsylvania
- Killer Queen: Diamond Price, senior entertainment & arts management music major from Hunlock Creek, Pennsylvania
- Brit: James Gallucci, senior biology major from Burgettstown, Pennsylvania
- Oz: Patricia Sarada, freshman forensic investigation major from Canonsburg, Pennsylvania
- Khashoggi: Josh Anderson, sophomore biology (pre-dent/med/pharm/vet) major from Monessen, Pennsylvania
- Stage Manager: Elyse Morgan, junior entertainment & arts management theater major from Beaver Falls, Pennsylvania
- Stage Manager: Heather Ratcliffe, senior biblical & ministry studies major from Bunker Hill, West Virginia
- Stage Manager: Mckenna Mercier, senior criminal justice administration major from Meadville, Pennsylvania
- Abby Ankrom, freshman nursing major from Rices Landing, Pennsylvania
- Mia Appleby, freshman criminal justice major from Dillsburg, Pennsylvania
- Casey Desrosiers, junior music ministry major from Waynesburg, Pennsylvania
- Cody Diyn, senior mathematics major from Shanksville, Pennsylvania
- Jayda Fyock, freshman business management major from Indiana, Pennsylvania
- Andrew Gordon, senior chemistry major from Strongsville, Ohio
- Hannah Jobes, senior nursing major from McKeesport, Pennsylvania
- Roger Lawrence, freshman history major from Jefferson, Pennsylvania
- Tyler Williams, senior environmental science major from Youngwood, Pennsylvania