Waynesburg University’s Department of Fine Arts will present the fall play “Rumors” Wednesday, Nov. 1, through Saturday, Nov. 4, at 7:30 p.m. in the Goodwin Performing Arts Center. Tickets are $3 for Waynesburg students and $5 for the community.
“Rumors” by Neil Simon is a comedy that follows four couples who have gathered in the home of the Brock family but are unable to find the host and hostess. One rumor after another about their situation eventually sends the group into utter chaos.
The cast of 10 students includes:
- Joseph Campbell, sophomore marine biology major from Spring Creek, Pennsylvania
- Wyatt Clatterbaugh, freshman sports media (announcing) major from Culpeper, Virginia
- Jayda Fyock, junior entrepreneurship major from Indiana, Pennsylvania
- Fletcher Goehring, freshman English creative writing major from Washington, Pennsylvania
- Will Goslee, freshman forensic investigation major from Seaford, Delaware
- Haley Pattison, freshman marine biology major from Hastings, Pennsylvania
- Lauren Royesky, junior psychology major from Uniontown, Pennsylvania
- Ben Shaner, freshman finance major from Waynesburg, Pennsylvania
- Karly Starcher, freshman marine biology major from Williamstown, West Virginia
- Gabrielle Yazzani, freshman psychology major from Uniontown, Pennsylvania
“The cast is really excited about the show and are looking forward to the performances,” Edward Powers, director of theater, said. “’Rumors’ will give the audience an evening of fun hilarity.”