Our services and programs are committed to growing our region's future alongside the future of Waynesburg University students.
The Center for Research and Economic Development strives to stimulate economic development in southwestern Pennsylvania through scientific research, faculty and staff expertise, resources and partnerships. Contact us today if you’re interested in forming a partnership or hosting an event.
Connecting the WU community to local businesses
CRED partners with local businesses, nonprofits, regional educational institutions, local government, and economic development agencies.
- Many of the Center's revitalization projects are facilitated in partnership with Waynesburg Prosperous & Beautiful. The CRED collaborated with Waynesburg University Student Services to create the fourth annual Destination Downtown Scavenger Hunt to welcome and familiarize students with the downtown area.
- Service learning students helped revitalize Waynesburg, and art students painted the town to encourage economic growth.
- We offer timely, relevant programs to the community, by hosting and sponsoring events that further develop our neighborhoods, business community, and region. All events look to foster outcomes that create sustainable economic growth. Contact us to create or partner with the CRED for future events.
Nurturing strategic partnerships
We partner with local businesses, government agencies, nonprofit organizations, and community committees to expand research and economic development. Through our mutually beneficial relationships, the Center is able to better the world around us all. Here are some highlights of the work we’ve supported so far.
- Greene County Industrial Development Authority creates, attracts, and retains Greene County organizations
- Greene County Industrial Developments Corporation finances industrial businesses
- Penn State Cooperative Extension prepares local business owners with the skills and resources needed to benefit from the Marcellus Shale gas boom
- RJ Lee Group specializes in material characterization and forensics
- Separation Design Group enhances research in separation techniques
- SuperComputing Science Consortium advances energy and environment technologies
- Teaching with Primary Sources provides professional development for in-service and pre-service educators
- Ten Thousand Villages serves the community and the world through fair-trade goods
- Tri-County Oil & Gas Expo connects local businesses and qualified employees with companies in the oil and gas industry
- University of Pittsburgh Small Business Development Center gives small businesses the resources and tools to grow
- Waynesburg Prosperous & Beautiful revitalizes downtown Waynesburg
Providing state-of-the-art facilities on campus and beyond
CRED makes Waynesburg University's facilities and equipment available to area business and organizations, including the following.
- "Smart" classrooms
- Conference facilities
- Video Conferencing
- IP conferencing
- Streaming video
To reserve CRED facilities, please contact Tom Helmick by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.