Information on “Admission to the University” is based on polices in effect as of August 2022. Changes in policy may be made by the University Board of Trustees.
The student body at Waynesburg University is carefully selected. The University is primarily interested in the student who is thoroughly prepared for the academic challenges of university life and who has demonstrated the ability to benefit from higher education.
In judging the qualifications of applicants, the Admissions Committee adheres to the following basic requirements:
- Graduation from an accredited high school, the earning of a credential equivalent to a high school diploma either through either the General Educational Development (GED) program or a recognized home school program, or evidence of satisfactory work at another college or university.
- Satisfactory grade point average based on grades in core academic courses.
- Satisfactory scores on the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT I: Reasoning Test) of the College Entrance Examination Board or the American College Testing Program (ACT). The SAT score will continue to be calculated with the math and evidence-based reading and writing scores combined. The writing and math scores for the SAT and ACT will be used for placement in freshmen composition and math. *
- A student’s individual character will also be considered.
Waynesburg University operates a “rolling admission” program under which qualified applicants are admitted as soon as their applications are completed and have been evaluated.
* Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, many applicants were unable to access the SAT/ACT. Those applicants were reviewed for admission for the 2022-2023 academic year without SAT/ACT scores.
- Recommended High School Course
- Admission Procedures
- Transfer Students
- Evaluation of Transfer Credits
- Validation of Credit Policy
- International Students
- Early Admission Policy
- High School Enrichment Program
- Special Student (Non-degree Seeking)
- Advanced Placement Program
- College Level Examination Program
- Advisement and Testing Program
- Readmission of Former Students
- Conditional Admission
- Graduate Equivalency Diploma
- Request for Reasonable Accommodation