Insights into Teaching and Learning
The landscape for teaching and learning has changed. For some, this will require new skills. Let's work together to continue to offer exemplary learning experiences for the student. The ID team can help you to reach your teaching and student success goals by integrating proven instructional methods and technologies into your unique classroom approach.
Teaching and Learning Series
Our Brunch & Learn Sessions are part of regular programming exploring contemporary learning technologies. These one-hour sessions are facilitated by our instructional design team on a variety of training topics. You have the option to attend live or watch the recorded version.
Teaching with Canvas
Transforming courses for online delivery can present new challenges. Here are two resources to get you up and running:
- The Emergency Toolkit for Teaching Online gives you the basic tools and structures for rapid deployment
- Preparing to Teach Online is an in-depth look at the essential methods of online instruction and best practices for using Canvas.
Tools for the innovative classroom
Get the right tool for the job. We'll help with:
- Motivating all students to succeed
- Creating and managing virtual group work
- Creating engaging videos
- How and when to give effective feedback
- Methods for communicating clear expectations
- Individualizing assignments
- Virtual experiences – alternatives to the real world
- Determining how much work can we expect the students to do
- Interactive classroom technology like Kahoot and Poll Everywhere
For more information on integrating technology into your classroom, please contact your Instructional Designers.
Let's work together
Discover new strategies for teaching online and use best practices for creating Canvas courses.