Licensed Practical Nurse students (LPN to BSN) who have graduated from state approved practical nursing programs may enter as first-year students on either a full-time or part-time basis while completing the general education requirements. Applicants must submit a formal application of admission to the University and must fulfill all stated admission requirements. In addition, the applicant must have a personal interview in the Department of Nursing and submit the following to the Director of the BSN Program:
- An official transcript from a state approved, practical nurse program.
- Evidence of current practical nurse licensure.
- A transcript of any academic credits earned from institutions of higher education.
- Standardized test results including NLN Examinations taken at other institutions.
- Advanced placement may be obtained by transfer credit and credit by examination in accordance with University policy.
- Credit by examination is granted through CLEP, departmental examinations, and/or standardized National League for Nursing Tests or their equivalent.
- Students who are admitted to the University enter as first-year students and are admitted into the Department of Nursing as nursing majors when all prerequisites have been met, prior to entering the third year (junior year) of the curriculum.
- The LPN to BSN students must meet the same requirements for admission, progression, withdrawal, dismissal, reinstatement, and graduation as the Basic BSN student.