Bible icon Business icon Communication icon Education icon Languages icon Fine arts icon History icon International studies icon Nursing icon Social sciences icon Biology & environmental science icon Chemistry icon Criminal justice icon Engineering icon Exercise science icon Forensics icon Bachelor's to master's icon Math & computer science icon Professional preparation icon Undergraduate minors icon Email icon Facebook icon Twitter icon LinkedIn icon Apple icon Calendar icon Diploma icon Piggy bank icon Students icon

Change of Registration

The student who is advised to make changes in his or her schedule after registration can make adjustments through Self-Service. Otherwise, they can secure from the Office of Records and Registration a Drop/Add Form which must be signed by the faculty advisor. (For specific dates, see the Academic Calendar.) Any student who stops attending a course without filing a Drop/Add Form receives a failure (F) in the course.

After the Late Registration and Drop/Add deadline, a student may withdraw from a course through the tenth week of a regular semester (or its equivalent in a non-semester course). Students must complete a request to be withdrawn for consideration. The link to request is available in myConnect on the Registrar's Office tab. The grade of W will be recorded on the permanent record. Students, instructors, and department chairs will be notified, via email, when the request has been processed.

Withdrawal from a course after the tenth week of a regular semester (or its equivalent in a non-semester course) will be reserved for extenuating circumstances (e.g., death of an immediate family member, serious injury, extended illness or other extraordinary circumstances that prevented the student from attending classes and successfully completing the coursework) and must be approved by the department chair of the respective course. If approved, the course will be assigned a grade of WP (Withdrew Passing) or WF (Withdrew Failing). In the event a grade of WF is awarded, the student must submit, no later than the last day of classes, a written petition for permission to withdraw to the Academic Affairs Office. If permission is granted, a grade of W will be recorded.

Students are not permitted to withdraw from a course during the week of semester examinations.