2020 National Council for History Education (NCHE) Conference
March 19-21: Online
TPS ER Breakout Sessions:
- Facilitating Primary Source Learning with Students’ Questions
Sarah Westbrook and Andrew Minigan, Right Question Institute and
Ann Canning, TPS Eastern Region
- Using Maps to Strengthen Students’ Visual Analysis Abilities
Georgeanne Hribar, Virginia Geographic Alliance,
Gay Thistle and Ann Canning, TPS Eastern Region
TPS ER Poster Sessions:
- Are Computers Good for Humans? A Historical Look at the Development of the Computer and Its Impact on Society - Gay Thistle, TPS Eastern Region
- Who Will Win My Vote? Presidential Candidates and Campaign Issues Past, Present, and Future - Ann Canning, TPS Eastern Region
- TPS Regional Grants Program: Provide Professional Development through a TPS Regional Grant - TPS Eastern Region, TPS Midwest Region, and TPS Western Region
2020 Middle States Council for the Social Studies (MSCSS) Conference
February 28-29: Towson, MD
Who Will Win My Vote?
2019 National Council for the Social Studies (NCSS) Conference
November 21-24: Austin, TX
- How Did Birds Gain Political Protection?
- Searching for and Analyzing Primary Sources that Encourage Student Activism (Taking Informed Action)
- TPS Knowledge Exchange Poster Session
2019 National Council for Teachers of Education (NCTE) Conference
November 21-24: Baltimore, MD
- Literature Connections: Examples of Primary Sources from the Library of Congress’ Digital Collections
2019 National Council for History Education (NCHE) Conference
March 14-16: Washington, DC
- PowerPoint Presentation: How Did Birds Gain Political Protection?
- IDM: How Did Birds Gain Political Protection?
- Poster: What do Library of Congress primary sources reveal about Theodore Roosevelt’s individual and presidential exercise of power?
2018 National Council for the Social Studies (NCSS) Conference
November 30 - December 2: Chicago, IL
2018 National Council of Teachers of English (NCTE) Conference
November 15-18: Houston, TX
- PowerPoint Presentation: Using Primary Sources to Develop Research Questions and Inform Student Voices
2018 National Council for History Education (NCHE) Conference
April 18 - 21: San Antonio, TX - If These Monuments Could Talk
Content created and featured in partnership with the TPS program
does not indicate an endorsement by the Library of Congress.